The summer sales are in full swing and while you might prefer to be sipping on Mai Tai’s in your back garden, now really is a good time to bag a bargain for the season ahead. We’ve trawled the high street as well as our favourite online brands to find some picks that we know you’ll love; the only trouble will be choosing what to buy and where to put it. Behold our GAFF summer favourites at knock down prices.
1. This Meadows & Byrne coffee table would work with countless decor styles. The elegant seamless lines and the tiny touch of brass in the handles – you’re getting a few hundred of this baby and we reckon it’s worth every penny. Meadows & Byrne furniture is exceptional quality (we’ve bought enough of it at this stage to know!)
2. This Almere dining table from WooDesign.ie. At €299 you’ve got a beautiful oak wood table from one of our favourite furniture designers: Hübsch. Again, this is a style that is timeless and classic and depending on how you dress it up, it can give you several different looks. If you’re a first time buyer getting moved in this summer, this is definitely worth a look.
3. Looking for a bar cart for a summer soiree? West Elm at Arnotts is a brand that rarely has reductions on prices but this gorgeous petite bar cart (perfect for apartment living or small corners) is ideal – as well as being a bit of designer luxury – at €249. A little bit of West Elm in your home will always be a worthy investment.
4. Looking for a sofa? The Zinc sofa at DFS has long been a favourite of ours for its timeless and contemporary elegance. Currently, it’s on offer at DFS and whether you want a small two-seater or a bigger corner version of this style, you’ll get a few hundred quid off the original price. Choose from teal to blush to yellow and lots of neutral tones too. From €989 for the two-seater upwards.
5. Storage is everything but it needn’t compromise on style these days. MADE.com is probably the best online resource for your home and we fell in love with this chest of drawers in beautiful racing green. The ultimate statement for your bedroom or your hallway if you’ve got the space to work with, it’s time to think outside of the brown wood box. £349 for six whopper drawers.
6. Dining chairs are something you have to act on fairly quickly when you move into a new house, assuming you’re a first time buyer, so it’s likely you’ll want something that’s stylish but not too out there; something that will work for a few years. The Eames style chairs are still incredibly popular and we suspect they will remain popular for a while yet so these are a worthwhile investment. Currently, you can get this kind of style on the cultfurnture.com sale at just €38 a pop.
7. The bathroom tends to be a room we overlook when we first move in somewhere but having a vanity cabinet that looks the part will make all the difference. If you invest in a piece like this and then add some bathroom-friendly plants, you won’t be under as much pressure to change the tiles within the first few months of living there. Something that doubles as a mirror and as storage is always a winner in our books and this price is a winner too.